25 Likes 3 Dislikes
Oprah Winfrey, is a world renowned American media proprietor; talk show host; actress; producer; and philanthropist.
Watch this Video Here: https://youtu.be/f2Lk4A0cPhg
1. EARLY LIFE
Oprah Winfrey was born on January 29, 1954 in Kosciusko, Mississippi, to a single, teenage mother.
2. TELEVISION CAREER
Oprah started her first television job while she was still in college.
She was the youngest first black female news anchor at Nashville's WLAC-TV.
3. THE BIG BREAK
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" made its national debut in 1986, and within five months it became the third-highest rated show in syndication and the No. 1 talk show in America, reaching upwards of 10 million people daily in 192 cities.
4. A MILLIONAIRE IS BORN
At the age of 32, Winfrey became not only the first African American television host to be nationally syndicated, but also a millionaire.
In March 2008, Oprah launched her official website, Oprah.com.
5. O, THE OPRAH MAGAZINE
In April 2000, she published her wildly successful magazine, "O, The Oprah Magazine."
6. XM SATELLITE RADIO
In 2006, Oprah signed a three-year, $55 million contract with XM Satellite Radio to establish a new 24-hour channel called "Oprah & Friends" on XM Satellite Radio.
7. OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK (OWN)
After the last Episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show, in 2011, Oprah founded the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN), a cable network which reaches roughly 80 million homes, or 70.3% of television-viewing households in the United States.
8. PERSONAL WEALTH
Oprah Winfrey’s flies in her own $42 million, custom-designed Global Express XRS jet .
Oprah Winfrey’s her impressive real-estate portfolio includes a $52 million estate in Montecito, California, among others.
9. RECOGNITION & AWARDS
In 2014, Forbes listed Oprah as one of “The World’s Highest Paid Celebrities.”
In 2015 she made it to the “Forbes 400 List.”
In 2013, President Barack Obama awarded Winfrey the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
She was named the greatest black philanthropist in American history by BusinessWeek in 2017.
Honorary doctorate degrees from Princeton, Howard University, Duke University, and Harvard.
10. OPRAH WINFREY NET WORTH
By July 2017, Oprah Winfrey’s Net Worth is $3.2 Billion.
MORE RECOMMENDED VIDEOS FOR YOU
How Elon Musk Made His Fortune: https://youtu.be/e3-q16Vof3s
The Top 10 Richest People in the World: https://youtu.be/DmishZt2Gvs
The Most Successful Products and Entrepreneurs in Shark Tank History: https://youtu.be/bES3HZ4-YMM
11. CREDIT REFERENCES
Celebrity net worth; https://www.celebritynetworth.com
Business Insider: http://www.businessinsider.com
12. [IMAGE SOURCES]
1. Photo by Chris Craymer)
2. CREDIT: Huffington Post: YouTube/OWN TV
3. CREDIT: REX FEATURES
4. CREDIT: David Zurawik, The Baltimore Sun
5. CREDIT: YouTube/OWN TV
6. CREDIT: Business Insider: YouTube/OWN TV
7. CREDIT: YouTube/OWN TV
8. CREDIT: AP PHOTO/WARNER BROS.PICTURES
9. CREDIT: Wikimedia. Commons
10. CREDIT: YouTube/OWN TV
11. Source: Oprah.com.
12. CREDIT: SIRIUSXM VIA YOUTUBE
13. CREDIT: Wikimedia Commons
14. Credit: FEMA photo/Andrea Booher – From Wikimedia Commons.
15. CREDIT: owla.co.za
16. Photo by OWN
17. Forbes contributing photographer Michael Prince
18. Source: Bombardier
19. CREDIT: Business Insider: Erik Aeder/Getty
20. CREDIT: Business Insider: Erik Aeder/Getty
21. CREDIT: David Zurawik, The Baltimore Sun
22. CREDIT: REUTERS/Brian Snyder
23. CREDIT: REUTERS/Brian Snyder
SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL
SUBSCRIBE for our WEEKLY inspiration with VIDEOS on The SECRETS OF SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE.
THESE VIDEOS ARE FOR EDUCATIONAL/ INSPIRATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. The images/ video clips copyright belongs to the rightful owners. If any owners of the content clips would like us to remove the video, we have no problem with that and will do so as fast is practically possible. Please email us if you have any concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
FAIR-USE COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
* Copyright Disclaimer under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, commenting, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.